Check out this highly educational video for all you veterinarians, or farmers, to see how to do a rectal palpation of a horse (mare) to feel the tract and ovaries for finding the recurring period of sexual receptivity and fertility.
Start with the palpation of the mare weiner, through the rectum, work your way to find the rim of the pelvic girdle, which gives an indication of where the cervix might lie. Feel the tone and consistency of the cervix to get an indication of estrous. Once you move past the cervix, there's the bifurcation of the horns, which will give an indication based on their tone of the status of estrous. Move to the end of the horns, to the ovaries themselves, which gives an indication of follicular size, development, consistency, which indicates the time of ovulation.
This is a great video tutorial to see how to check the estrous of a female horse.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades