This video explains how to handle and take care of a horse. Always approach a horse quietly so that you don‚Äôt startle him. Talk to him and pet his neck. Horses are social animals and react well to being spoken to in soft soothing tones.
In addition to voice and body signals, bridles and bits are one of the main ways of communicating with the horse. Bridling should be done carefully so as not to bump the bit against his teeth.
For your own safety when riding wear a helmet and proper shoes that won't slip out of the stirrups.
Before taking a horse on a ride, warm him up by riding him at a walk. After the ride it is important to let him cool down. Grooming keeps the coat clean and prevents saddle sores. Brush in a circular motion starting at the neck and working down the body. Remember to clean the hooves to remove stones that could give him sore feet.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades